Hello Pointless Overthinkers. It’s me, Kalliope! Did you miss me? Hmm, don’t answer that, I’d rather you save your answers for the following morsels of munchable musings… you know they’re a real treat, coming from the chief muse herself. LOL
I want to you to define ‘growing up.’
- Is it just submitting your inner self to fit the expectations and standards which society term ‘acceptable’? And what are these?
- Is it just finishing school, getting a job, making money, being conservative and playing ‘happy family’?
- Yet, what if you have different standards, values, morals and beliefs?
- What if you don’t finish school?
- What if you can’t find a job?
- What if you don’t make a lot of money?
- What if you like being different?
- What if your family wasn’t ‘happy’?
- Does this make you worth any less as a person?
So many questions, and I wonder how many answers could there possibly be…
If I’ve overwhelmed you (or not?) by the scope of this line of inquiry, just begin with the header… Define what it means to ‘grow up’ within the context of society.
Please, contribute your answers. This is an honest and open forum. I want to foster and nourish free communication and the sharing of ideas. Don’t worry about offending anyone with your thoughts and ideas, because everyone gets offended by everything anyway.
(Having an opinion doesn’t mean you are right or wrong, it means you have thought about it)